Sign up and learn how to earn extra $$$

Malaysia Web Hosting

Monday, August 3, 2009

Desaru Pengerang International Triathlon

August,3 more bloody months and its SPM but still I go outstation and skip school. And if you ask me whether I'm ready for SPM or not then I will answer you just the same. Okok lah! ^^ Okay,back to the main topic. I went to Desaru,which is located at Johor for this triathlon event. If i'm not mistaken,i think this would be the 10th year. Its really nice to have competition like once in two weeks but its so nice when you dont get any prize home =( . Well,this event is a bit special because I can say it is the toughest of the toughest triathlons among the others event. This saturday event is the half-ironman or so-called 70.3,which is half the distance of the original ironman distance. If you haven't heard of it then let me give you a shock first. First,swim 2 kilometres then cycle for 90 kilometres and last but not least a half-marathon running of 21km. Its only half iron-man that means you are only 50% ONLYYY! Not something very very big because kinda lot of people dont it but its a great accomplishment anyway. If you look at me,then dont get yourself wrong =) I have not reach such level yet but my roommate does! =D My family slept at the hotel where the event was held but I was at another hotel which is located around 3km from the event so I have to cycle there for two days and so is my roommate! My roommate is doing the half-ironman on saturday and I'm doing the sprint which is like many times shorter than the half-ironman. I'm not being looked-down or anything because my roommate is a very nice person =) Both of our bikes worth 20k EACH! So when we leave our room,we are actually leaving 40k+ inside. Luckily its a double-locked door.^^. We arrived on friday evening and took a short ride then had dinner. After dinner,we went back to hotel and my roommate and I watched TV till kinda late until around 12. I was kinda worried if he hadnt have enough sleep then it would be a total disaster for him tomorrow since its his first half-ironman. Well,the next morning he woke up at 6 to have breakfast and everything and the event held at 9. His swim was quite well though and his cycle is ok lah because he only start cycling when he was 40 but his running was quite good . And overall,he finished his half-ironman in 7hours and he ate the total of 12 PowerGel . From 9 o clock morning until 4 o clock evening. Imagine the pain and everything. He even skipped his lunch,man! I have to admit. He's the MAN! He didnt complained or say anything about leg pain or anything after his race and that is really something. I cant explained it in words because the pain you suffered during the race is undescridable! Its not something a normal person can do. If its sprint maybe some normal people can finish but slow only lah but this half-ironman is really something! Well,it was my turn then on sunday. I did quite well lah,not proud or anything,just feel that I can actually do better than someone. I'm not really satisfied on this race because someone just light the fire in me and until now it wont go off. Not anger,its unsatisfaction. I will tell the story when I reached a level. Dont worry,I will definately blog it . Stay tuned ^^. I finished 10th out of 20 or 30+ in my category and 25th around 140+ people. My assumption only. Well,overall it was quite not-so satisfying. I will definately do something about it just the matter of time. Well,I'm actually planning on doing the Langkawi Ironman next year February but well,not so confident lah cuz havent do half-ironman suddenly go do ironman like a bit...sohai? LOL! Sorry for the bad word,ladies.=) Well,you must be still wondering who the heck is my roommate and still looking for pictures right? Kinda bored though only words all the time . Somebody says my blog like essay! =( you know who you are! XD Here's some random photos lah. Enjoy.


Still looking for my roommate? No need see here,see there lah! Its the first picture on the left with the who hands-up. He is a doctor and triathlete ^^. I know you must have thought that even him can do then I can do lah the half-ironman. But sorry guys if you are some normal person then stop dreaming! You will see him swim pass you,cycle pass you or run pass you and you will be lying on the floor and sitting the ambulance car coming back! And you have no comment about it! ^^ So stop dreaming and start training NOW! *If you are interested*. Wayne? You know what I'm talking about? XD

No comments:

Post a Comment